Twenty Reasons Why Jesus Came
Jesus came to live among us as a human being for many reasons. Here’s a list of many of the reasons as to why He came to live among us:
1. Jesus fulfilled prophecy. The Old Testament make numerous claims as to a Messiah who would come.
2. Jesus came to prove the existence of the one true eternal supreme God. Jesus often talked of His Father and who He was. Jesus proved via His miracles and His teachings that his claims about His Father were absolutely true, and that His Father stood alone as the Ultimate Entity in the universe – past, present and future.
3. Jesus proved the existence of the Trinity. He told us that He must go to the Father so that the Holy Spirit could come and inhabit us.
4. Jesus proved God’s infinite love by sacrificing Himself so that we might have eternal life
5. Jesus proved that God understands what we go through.
6. Jesus showed us how to deal with temptation. He was tempted just like us, and experienced a wide variety of emotions.
7. Jesus paid the price we could never pay for our sin. God was insistent that the price of our sin would have to be death, and that blood would have to be shed. Only the perfect lamb would do.
8. Jesus paved the way to make salvation available to us.
9. Jesus established the basis of the new covenant through his death & resurrection.
10.Jesus instructed us in the operation of the supernatural and how we could interact with it.
11.Jesus showed us how to use supernatural tools & methods that can be used in the natural.
12. Jesus taught us how to bear fruit that will last.
13. Jesus achieved the victory that only He could bring about.
14. Jesus let us know that He is indeed coming back for His bride.
15. Jesus conferred authority on us as believers.
16.Jesus proved that the spiritual controls the natural. He was able to manipulate the weather. He could change the very nature of substances. He raised people from the dead. He cured people of various infirmities. He did all these things by merely saying words. Jesus demonstrated conclusively that the spiritual controls the natural either directly because of his actions or as he delegates power & authority as he sees fit.
17.Jesus paved the way for the Holy Spirit to come to us. The Spirits’ work occurs because of the Son’s work; the habitation of the spirit gives us the experience of the spiritual. That‘s why Jesus had to go, so that we could have the spirit so we could experience the supernatural in a personal & very intimate way. Without the Holy Spirit, you cannot experience the spiritual. We need the direct habitation of the spiritual in order to experience the spiritual realm.
18. Jesus came to inform us of the Father’s Kingdom and how it operates.
19. Jesus taught as to how we are to operate within the Kingdom.
20.Jesus proved that there is a supernatural realm that’s far above anything we can even begin to conceive of. He proved it via what he told us, and the miracles he performed. He purposely chose to die a horrible death as prophesied in scripture to show us that there was something amazing above and beyond our natural existence.
Rev. Dr. N. Patrick Marica contributes incisive Christian commentary on this blog on a regular basis. He is the Vice-Chancellor of Amherst Theological Seminary, and he has a D. Min. from Amherst Theological Seminary. He has his MA from Liberty University in Marriage and Family Therapy. He is the author of the book: "The Walk Applied". He has also written "The Fasting and Prayer Handbook". He has been married to Kathy since 1985. They have 2 adult daughters and an adult son.
Contact Nick at firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook: Amherst Theological Seminary