Amherst Theological Seminary
"Training Jesus Seekers to be Jesus Influencers"
THE ATS VISION:
- ATS serves the Bible education desires of
Jesus Seekers who aspire to be Jesus Influencers
by providing a Bible education program that is
comprehensive, rigorous, structured and
true to God's word.
THE ATS MISSION IS TO
TRAIN JESUS SEEKERS TO:
- Be "Jesus Influencers" who make disciples via their God-given calling.
- Be "People Changers" by influencing others for Jesus through their
Christian testimony because they legitimately "walk the walk" and "talk the talk".
- Exercise their God-given calling as the fundamental purpose of life.
- Understand that the "secret of success" is the
daily, ongoing, intentional, intimate relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Understand that salvation means that we are New Creations who have been
legally adopted by God and made citizens of God's Kingdom.
- Understand that our Spiritual Identity is that
We are Spiritual Creatures living a Spiritual Existence
In Human Form and
Placed in the Natural Realm According to
God's Purpose, Plan and Will
To Bear Lasting Fruit for God's Kingdom
By Being a Jesus Influencer Who Makes Disciples.
The Amherst Theological Seminary (ATS) is the educational ministry of Solid Rock Baptist Church. ATS was founded in 1985 to provide quality Bible Study correspondence curricula to the incarcerated. Since that time the staff here at ATS has been dedicated to providing rigorous, quality Bible Study materials to individuals who seek to further educate themselves in the Scriptures.
Two areas of study are offered at ATS. Sacred Theology is for those who wish to enter the pastorate. Religious Education is for those who feel called to other areas of ministry. The Seminary awards degrees that include Associates, Bachelors, Masters and PhD levels.
Amherst Theological Seminary
Statement of Faith
- The Scriptures are inspired by God and declare His design and plan for mankind.
- There is only one true God revealed in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit (the Trinity).
- In the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ as God’s son; Jesus was both human and divine.
- Though originally good, Man willingly fell to sin ushering evil and death,
both physical and spiritual, into the world.
- Every person can have restored fellowship with God through salvation by accepting Christ’s offer of forgiveness of sin.
-We practice two ordinances:
1.- Water Baptism by immersion after repenting of one’s sins and receiving Christ’s gift of salvation
2.- Holy Communion (the Lord’s Supper) as a symbolic remembrance of Christ’s suffering and death for our salvation.
- Sanctification initially occurs at salvation and is not only a declaration that a believer is holy, but also a progressive lifelong process of separating from evil as believers continually draw closer to God and become more Christ-like.
- The Church has a mission to seek and save all who are lost in sin.
- "The Church" is the body of Christ and consists of the people who, throughout time have accepted God’s offer of redemption (regardless of religious denomination) through the sacrificial death of His son Jesus Christ.
- A divine called and scriptural ordained leadership ministry serves the church.
- The Bible teaches that each of us under leadership must commit ourselves to reach others for Christ, to worship Him with other believers and to build up or edify the body of believers-the Church.
- Divine healing of the sick is a privilege for Christians today and is provided for in Christ’s atonement (His sacrificial death on the cross for our sins).
- In the blessed hope: when Jesus raptures His church prior to his return to earth (the second coming). - - At that future moment in time all believers who have died will rise from their graves and will meet the Lord in the air.
- Christians who are alive will be caught up with them to be with the Lord forever.
- In the millennial reign of Christ when Jesus returns with His saints at His second coming and begins His benevolent rule over earth for 1,000 years. This millennial reign will bring the salvation of national Israel and the establishment of universal peace.
- A Final Judgment Will Take Place for those who have rejected Christ. They will be judged for their sin and consigned to eternal punishment in a punishing lake of fire.
- ...and we look forward to the perfect new heaven and new earth that Christ is preparing for all people, of all time, who have accepted Him.
- We will live and dwell with Him there forever following His millennial reign on Earth ‘and so shall we forever be with the Lord’!