DAY 1: THE LOW POINT: FEBRUARY 17 - MY DEATH
In 2021, I spent 6 months in 3 different hospitals recovering from Covid. A mere 2 months later we would lose their oldest daughter to Covid. In this short booklet, I will talk about how Covid struck our family and gave rise to our year of tragedy, loss, miracles and ultimately, victory
WHO IS NICK MARICA?
Let me introduce myself. I am the discipleship pastor at Solid Rock Baptist Church about 10 miles north of Lynchburg, Va. Kathy and I have been married since 1985. We have 3 children.
THE LOW POINT: FEBRUARY 17- MY DEATH
The low point came on February 17th. They had replaced the ventilator with a trachea. I went into cardiac arrest due to a mucus block in the trachea. The device that was supposed to save me killed me. My heart stopped. Two nurses who were in the room told me later that the conclusion was I was gone. They had tried everything and nothing further could be done. Then, over 2 minutes later, without human intervention, my heart started beating again.
God had intervened and raised me from the dead.
It was a miracle.
He was not done with me.
It would not be the only miracle.
All told, Satan tried to kill me 5 times:
- There was a grotesque bed sore that should have killed me. It was the size of my fist. You could see bone.
- The night of February 17 when God resurrected me. My heart stopped beating for over 2 minutes
- They put a “do not resuscitate” band on my wrist without our consent
- I should have lost my voice which would have been the equivalent of killing me.
- In early January, I died twice one night. My vascular system shut down twice. I was reportedly bleeding everywhere. My blood pressure had plummeted to zero.
They even made out my death certificate and signed it.
Little did I know that 6 months in medical institutions lay ahead of me. I don’t remember the first 2 months. Two nurses who cared for me in the first 2 months later told me: “Trust me - you don’t want to remember”.
You can download the full booklet here. Only 28 pages.
Nick is the Vice-Chancellor of Amherst Theological Seminary, and he has a D. Min. from Amherst Theological Seminary. He has his MA from Liberty University in Marriage and Family Therapy. He is the author of the book: "The Walk Applied: Living the New Creation Life as a Citizen of God's Kingdom in a Secular World". He has also written "The Fasting and Prayer Handbook".
Contact Dr. Marica at email@example.com
Facebook: Amherst Theological Seminary